Please sign in to post.

Day trips from Dubrovnik

If you did a day trip from Dubrovnik, which was your favorite?

Posted by
4372 posts

A lot of people do day trip to Mostar in Bosnia and Kotor in Montenegro. Those are both too far for me--if I was heading north, I'd incorporate a one-night stop in Mostar instead. However, if there is a tour that takes in waterfalls, monasteries, and more in Bosnia, then I'd consider that. When I had the opportunity, I stayed over in Kotor--it is just too much time in a car for a day trip imo.
Some people take a long trip to Korcula, but ff you preferred to travel north by ferry, then I would again rather stop over in Korcula en route.
So, that leaves other island day trips--there is Lokrum, but that is so close it barely warrants being called a day trip, just an afternoon for a walk/swim. Likewise for Cavtat.
There are boat trips that take in the Elafiti islands, which is something I'd look into next time. These often stop for swimming and lunch. There is also Mljet, for someone looking for a nature excursion. The kayak excursions around Dubrovnik looked really inviting.
A wine aficionado might be interested in a driver to the Peljesac peninsula for tasting.

Overall, it really depends on how much time you have, what season, and what you are interested in doing.