Please sign in to post.

Day Trip from Dubrovnik

I will be in Dubrovnik for work end of March. I have a free day and looking at doing a day trip out of Dubrovnik. Couple of co-workers might be join me, so looking at a couple different small group tours. Want to get the forums opinions or thoughts on which they prefer or would suggest.

Tour One
Montenegro - Bay of Kotor, Kotor Old City, Budva and Perast Marina.

Tour Two
Bosnia - Mostar and Kravica Waterfalls.

Posted by
55 posts

Tour of Bay of Kotor and Tivat area (montenegro). Just not to Budva, not close enough

Posted by
5 posts

We did both of those tours from Mlini(just south of Dubrovnik) and enjoyed each of them for very different reasons. Kotor felt similar to Dubrovnik in that it was a scenic town that offered a great photo opportunity overlooking the city with the high mountains on either side of the bay. It is one of my favorite pictures. On the other hand, Mostar was smaller and provided introductory feel for a country/culture that differed greatly from Montenegro and Croatia. The famous bridge in Mostar was very cool to see and we did view several bridge jumpers, so that made the trip. The Falls were amazingly picturesque, and we did get in the water and swim. The facilities were more rustic there, but it felt like they were beginning to add infrastructure to accommodate the increased tourism. Both were full day trips with a long time in the van. I think Mostar was further. Both were very good and you won't go wrong with either. It does feel that both locations are prime tourist spots for the Dubrovnik day trip crowd.

Posted by
1652 posts

We hired a private driver to drive us around the Bay of Kotor with stops in Budva, Kotor, and Perast. The scenery is beautiful, and we enjoyed having the driver who gave us information about each place we stopped. The company we used is Dubrovnik Driving Guide. The owner is Julija Antunovic.
www.dubrovnikdrivnigguide.com

I chose Montenegro over Mostar because going to Mostar is a longer day trip. If I make it back to that part of Europe, I would love to spend a night in Mostar rather than seeing it as a daytrip.