We are taking our 30 year anniversary trip in Slovenia / Croatia 9/1-9/16. First part of Itinerary as follows:
9/2 Zagreb to Jublajana (via train)
9/3-9/4 Lake Bled & Julian Alps (Rent Car)
9/5 Jublajan to Zagreb (via train)
9/6 Drive to Plitvice Lakes National Park (Plan on touring afternoon & staying near in case want to go back in the morning).
From there drive to Split. We want to spend the remaining week on the Dalmatian Coast & have more of a chill out beach vacation with some touring. With rest & relaxation in mind we were considering the following but would appreciate input:
- Split two nights
- Stay on one of the islands for two-three nights (i.e. Hvar, Vis, Korcula)
- Dubrovnik the remaining nights & build in day trip to Montenegro.
- Which is best location for beach / relaxation?
- Do you recommend dumping car in Split & taking Ferry to get to Dubrovnik?
- Thoughts on adding Zadar or Makarska in to the itinerary.
Any recommendations greatly appreciated