Please sign in to post.

Dalmatian coast

Hi
My husband and I are in Dubrovnik October 4-8th, 2022 and don’t have to be back in Zagreb until the 13th. Any recommendations as to which islands to see and what the hotel availability is and weather?
Thanks

Posted by
4323 posts

Are you spending time in Zagreb after the 13th, or does time in Zagreb need to be included in that time period?
I've been to Croatia four times but not in recent years, but if I were in your shoes, I would play it be ear. I am not saying go without any plan, I would certainly do a lot of research and pick out places and accommodations, but if you get poor weather, you want to be able to change course without penalty. My educated guess is that early October should be fine weather-wise, and pleasantly quiet (not shuttered, though I would maybe not count on going to the less popular islands.) You can scope out apartments and hotels on Booking.com and book as you go. I have almost always rented apartments in Croatia.
If you get good weather, then Korcula, Hvar, or Brac would be my choice. You can check catamaran schedules on the Krilo and Jadrolinija websites.
If the weather is so-so, or you just want more action, then I would suggest Split for sure, and then Zagreb. Stop in Plitvice if no rain.

Posted by
1596 posts

I recommend spending some time on Hvar. It's beautiful. Hvar Town in October should not be party central. It wasn't in May when we were there. I haven't been to Korcula but I know a lot of people like it. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice.

And I agree with Valadelphia's suggestion to visit Split if you have the time or if it's too rainy for the islands. And definitely visit Plitvice Lakes NP. So gorgeous and so unique!