Hi ! We are planiong our july road trip. We will have a 26-28 nights road trip Around Italy, Slovenia and Croatia.
We have some quetsiuons about the croatin part. Since our time is limited to 7-10 nights we have to make some though choices. One of them was to exclude Dubrovnik since is out ouf itinerary.
In those 7-10 days we have plane to see : Istria, Plitvice, Zagreb, Verazdin.
1) waht would be the best base for a family in Istria ? Rovinj seems to be nice but some says that there's too much people. Since we will have a car we dont have to be in a very central place.
2) is 4-5 nights in Istria too much ?
3) Rovinj and Pula are Mandatory. Anything else ? Cres island maybe ?
4) We dont know what would be the best way to do our loop: Dolomites-Slovenia-Croatia or Croatia-Slovenia-Dolomites ?
5) Would the crowd and heat be much different at the begining of july and at the end of July for Istria ?
6) Do we have time to go to Split and/or Zadar ?
Thanks a lot !