Please sign in to post.

2017 Croatia Tour

I need more information before I reserve this tour. Can anyone tell me what the hotel rooms are like and do they have AC and private bathrooms?

Posted by
2469 posts

Karen,
When are you thinking of going? I have not been on this tour so cannot comment about it specifically but can tell you the quality of hotels for the 2 tours I have taken was very good. Most hotels we stayed in were 3 stars and occasionally 4. Usually they had AC but it is generally not needed most of the year in Europe.

I would call the RS office and ask them directly. Forum posters will also weigh in. Many people on the forum are more experienced than I with the tours.
Judy B

Posted by
276 posts

Hi Karen,

I booked the Best of the Adriatic 2017 tour. The Slovenia hotel is Pri Mraku Guesthouse. It's very nice. Has AC, private rooms with baths, even an elevator, 24 hour airport shuttle service for a surcharge and 24 hour front desk. Check in starts at 1pm but doesn't end until midnight, good for the late arrival flights. The hotel in Dubrovnik is the Hotel Aquarius. Another great hotel. Has all the amenities as the hotel in Slovenia plus this hotel has a pool and garden. It's outside of old town but just up the street is a local bus that runs I believe every 20 minutes into old town. I might be off on the time a little but it's quick and the bus runs into late in the evening so if you want those beautiful sunset pictures a trip back to the hotel is easy. The hotel is in a quiet area but near restaurants and shops and just a 5 minute walk to the beach. I hope this helps.

Posted by
1090 posts

We took this tour in June of 2014 and about half the hotels had some a/c; not the whole building. The Pri Maku in Ljubljana only had a/c on the top floor. Most of our tour mates did not get air conditioned rooms in Ljubljana, Motovun, Soca River Valley, Or Korcula. They were understandably pretty cranky some mornings because they were unable to sleep due to the heat. It was really hot when we were there and it seems to be the new norm.

Posted by
16893 posts

If we anticipated any hotels without private bath, they would be indicated under "Physical Demands" for that itinerary. For the Adriatic tour, that is not indicated, but it does say that you should expect to "Sleep with street noise and no (or weak) air conditioning."

Posted by
837 posts

I took this tour in June 2016. I arrived in Ljubljana two days before the tour started and had reserved a room at Pri Mraku with air conditioning. I had a room on the 1st floor. Hotel Aquarius in Dubrovnik had A/C (and a pool). Hotel Kastel in Motovun also had A/C. Hotel Globo in Split, the hotels in Korcula and in Mostar all had A/C. The only place that was uncomfortable/unbearable to sleep without A/C was at Plitivice National Park.