Please sign in to post.

Itinerary planning recommendations Prague - Zagreb

Next August my husband and I will have 9 nights to get from Prague to Zagreb. We plan on arriving in Prague the evening of August 21st flying over from London. We have to be in Zagreb by mid day August 30th for an REI multisport trip through Croatia for 8 days beginning in Zagreb and ending in Trogir. So Croatia will be nicely explored.

We are interested in some active days: biking/hiking & some beer and wine tasting. We have looked at the map and see that we have many routes to explore. We are considering all our options at this time with thoughts of Vienna, Salzburg, Budapest, Slovenia, Trieste and the Istria area. Initally our thought was finding three cities to concentrate our activities around with Prague being one of those cities but if there is enough to explore 2 cities with Prague being one. A few Day trips and group adventures would great.

My husband is not a museum guy but he loves to explore towns, gathering places like town squares & outdoor spaces like Peterhof. He did tour the coliseum in Rome, the Vatican and The Hermitage in St. Petersburg, but he'd rather be enjoying local beer and wine and food.

Any and all thoughts are welcome as we are truly exploring all the options and have no experience at all in this part of Europe. THANKS... Donna

Posted by
7360 posts

FYI-I replied to a duplicate question in the Czech Republic forum - maybe only CZ and HR are being considered for this trip, but other destinations lie in between, like Vienna, Venice, Slovenia, and James' favorite, Hungary. Sounds like a great trip!