Please sign in to post.

Is this doable?

Flying into Dobrovnik. Stay 2 nights. Afternoon bus to Korcula. 1-(2) nights in Korcula. Ferry to Split (arrives approximately 3:30). Overnight in Split. Bus to Piltvice Lakes. Overnight in Piltvice. Bus to Zagreb.

We only have 7 nights. Need to be in Salzburg, Austria on the 8th night.

Does this sound doable?

Posted by
77 posts

Skip your nights in Korcula and Split and add another night in Dubrovnik. While in Dubrovnik, do a day trip to the Elaphite Islands, which have the same feel as Korcula and you can see them easily on a day trip. With your few nights you have, I wouldn't waste a night in Split. Spend the other extra nights in Zagreb. Or use those extra nights in my favorite, Ljubljana (Slovenia), in between Zagreb and Salzburg.

Posted by
77 posts

Sure thing. We absolutely loved Ljubljana! We spent 3 weeks in Croatia, Bosnia, Austria, Slovenia, and Germany. Ljubljana was at the top of our list, and I don't think we are in the minority for our enjoyment of Ljubljana. (Rick Steves' book says he's never met anyone who didn't wish they hadn't spent more time in Slovenia.) Even though you'll be stretched on nights, and others may tell you to focus on less places, I say that since you're in the area it's definitely worth spending a couple nights experiencing Ljubljana (and even more if you'd like to get outside of the city)! Happy travels!