Please sign in to post.

Wanderlog saved me $200 on my hotel

I use Wanderlog to plan and keep track of my travel plans. I'm going to be in Sydney for three nights at the end of the month, and I booked a hotel through Booking.com.

This morning, I got an email from Wanderlog saying that the price had dropped. So I canceled the booking (free cancelation) and rebooked through Wanderlog. I saved $200 USD for the three nights.

Posted by
7294 posts

Excellent! I have received some notices from other apps in the past, but their savings was switching to a non-refundable or a smaller room that became available, so I didn’t do it.

Now, how to use your new “found money” on your trip! : )

Posted by
144 posts

I've heard of Pruvo for hotels and Autoslash for car rentals. Haven't used yet, but it seems like it would potentially save money keeping in mind the requirement to book no-fee change/cancellation rates.

Posted by
1745 posts

Incidentally, the rebooked reservation on Wanderlog is fully refundable up to 24 hours before arrival day.

Posted by
341 posts

Wanderlog keeps telling me I can save money on a hotel, but because the app ingested the email incorrectly (I'm hoping/presuming they are still working to refine this action - I've had numerous problems with it), I really can't. But I LOVE the idea of this! And once they get it working really well, I hope they can expand to the rental cars!