Please sign in to post.

Venice City Pass ?

We are a family of four traveling to Venice. Curious about the city pass and how that works and whether or not we should buy it for our 3 day stay, including transportation. Our children are nine and 13 years old +2 adults. We are planning to use the vaparetto to and from the airport and other public transportation and intend to visit the doges palace along with a few other sites, including a trip to Murano. Is the city pass worth it? How does it work? How do I buy it?

Posted by
27096 posts

In case you are not aware, you can buy vaporetto passes for 1 day, 2 days, 3 days and 7 days. You don't necessarily have to go for a combination package that includes sightseeing. Individual vaporetto tickets are extraordinarily expensive, and fhere's a fare increase coming soon (maybe the beginning of September).

Posted by
32737 posts

I've never used the City Pass so I can't offer an opinion. Run the numbers and see how they balance ticket prices.

You could be confusing the Alilaguna with the normal vaporetto service. The Alilaguna is a private company which is for services by a vaporetto (Motoscavi type boat) looking boat. It is not related to the vaporettos which ply the waters in and around Venice and the outer islands, but NOT the airport.

Many of us here - but not all - have developed a dislike for the Alilaguna, mostly because of the on board experience, and now use the land bus to P.le Roma and Vaporetto from there. Cheaper and faster and easier.