Please sign in to post.

travel insurance

Can anyone recommend one they have used in the past? Thanks!

Posted by
2393 posts

Check out and compare multiple plans here. You can can also check out the ratings & reviews of each company.

Posted by
1288 posts

I use CAS travel insurance. I don't know if they are the cheapest but they are reputable. I had to file a claim and they paid quickly. Print or download to a device your policy. Then if you get into a situation you can read it immediately and follow the instructions. Many claims are rejected because directions were not followed.

Posted by
2124 posts

I use Travel Guard. I had a claim a few years ago (2012) and they paid it, no questions, no problems.

Posted by
18 posts

Thanks everyone...There are many just wanted to know if anyone had a preference. Connie is it CAS or CSA insurance?

Posted by
1288 posts

Whoops, It is CSA. We had a traffic accident in 2008 and they payed our claim no problem. (We cannot get rental car insurance with travelguard and that is why I started using CSA) We pulled our policy out immediately after the accident and read it right at the scene. I was worried because the police refused to give us a police report (long story, but suffice it to say we were in Italy). I was really worried about that because the policy said we needed it. I called them as soon as we could get to a phone (it happened on Brenner pass and there is no phone service there...figures) It took us 3 months to get the bill from the Autoeurope. I had to pay it and then submitted my claim. I had a check from CSA in 10 days for the full amount. They won my loyalty for life. I think the biggest mistake I have seen people make is not reporting a claim immediately. (I came to that conclusion based on reading the reviews of travel insurance companies) BTW- Traveguard could not be used because they don't provide rental car insurance for Washington State)