Please sign in to post.

London Pass

Haven't seen this covered yet regarding all the online advanced ticket and entrance times assigned at the sights around London. If you purchase a London Pass first, can you use it to purchase advanced online tickets on the various attraction websites? If not, it seems like a random chance that you might or might not get in an attraction/sight if all times have been taken the day you visit.

Posted by
148 posts

It looks like most of the attractions that it covers don't need a reservation, but this is their reservation page. I leave on Sept., 6 and plan on using a pass.

Posted by
8261 posts

Only a few of the locations require reservations as listed above. I visited in the spring and had not challenges just walking up and using the pass wherever I went.

Posted by
32523 posts

just be sure because so many attractions in London are completely free you will actually get your money's worth without having to visit a lot of secondary or tertiary sites to convince yourself it was worth it.... check carefully

decide on what is important to you and yours, and then see if you need to spend the money.

Hint - HOHO buses in London are S-L-O-W and don't always get good reviews for the commentary either.

Posted by
456 posts

I leave on Sept., 6 and plan on using a pass.

@Cerastez, can you please provide an update on your experiences using the pass (ease of use, getting in right away or having to wait, etc...) ... hope you had / are having a good trip ... thanks.

Posted by
148 posts

To update: I highly recommend the London Pass. I got the Explorer pass because it is NOT limited to days but is instead limited by number of attractions. None of the places I went required a reservation. I did have a long wait in line for Westminster Abby but I went on the 1st day it was open after the Queens funeral. Every place else was short waits in the already-have-a-ticket line. It also saved me money. There was no down side to it.

Highgate cemetery was a great place to visit. I highly recommend!