Please sign in to post.

Insurance

Does anyone have information on purchasing yearly travel insurance instead of purchasing per trip?
Edit: we are 71 and 72 with bad knees. I would never use Allianz.

Posted by
610 posts

I’ve used GeoBlue’s annual international travel medical insurance for about five years. I’ve never had to file a claim. Look carefully for its annual policy because they also offer per trip policies. Friends have recommended MedJet as an annual option but I’ve not researched them.

Posted by
565 posts

I’ve purchased GeoBlue annual policy but never had to file a claim. Note I believe they have an option to cover preexisting illnesses.

Posted by
27112 posts

Several of us use MedJet for its evacuation coverage because we don't want to have to mortgage our homes (or worse) if we have a medical problem (perhaps as the result of an accident) that will require a lot of follow-up care and want to go through rehab/recovery in the US. I don't even know whether MedJet has regular medical policies.

I only once had to file a claim for overseas medical expenses with Blue Cross/Blue Shield (which has a corporate relationship with GeoBlue). It was easy to do; I just submitted the invoices I had (which were in Slovenian). BC/BS was also relatively easy to work with on domestic claims.

Do keep in mind that insurance companies are not charities; they are in business to make money. They will not take pity on you and pay a claim not justified by the language in the policy.