Please sign in to post.
Posted by
933 posts

this is brought up at least weekly, so you can search for 100s of suggestions.

We have USAA, so we use them (Travel Insured).

AAA also offers Allianz which is also good.

If you don't have access to them- insuremytrip.com is very helpful at comparing many companies.

Posted by
8375 posts

I have been following the status of people who have posted about making travel insurance claims regarding additional costs for testing positive for Covid. These costs have been items like charges to change airfare, meals, lodging, etc.

I have heard from 3 people who had their claims paid "in full" (meaning what was called for in the policy) by Travelguard. One felt she had to spend a great deal of time following up on her claim. The others did not report that issue, only that their claims were paid.

I have heard from 1 person whose claim with Allianz was paid.

Now, there are probably many others who have had success with the other companies and claims, they just may not have reported back to us on the forum.

Posted by
844 posts

Depends on what losses you are trying to insure? Is it lost luggage, or trip cancellation or delays, or is it medical coverage? Is this about Covid? I have never purchased travel insurance - and have never needed it. But you have to be more specific what you are looking for...

Posted by
113 posts

Do a little research from the following, based on what coverage levels you are looking for:
a) Travel Insured International
b) Trip Insurance Store
c) Insure My Trip

Posted by
6308 posts

I have been following the status of people who have posted about making travel insurance claims regarding additional costs for testing positive for Covid.

Carol, what a smart idea! Very good info to know!

Posted by
2021 posts

We also have USAA and use Travel Insured International through them. They have been great for us.

Posted by
11156 posts

We are among those who used Travel Guard. Claims were paid in full and promptly but our claims had necessary paperwork from doctors and hospitals included.

Posted by
4828 posts

Had a couple of claims (pre-covid) for medical expenses outside the country with TravelGuard. Had to supply documentation, but nothing onerous. Claims were paid within ten days or so of submission.

Posted by
4402 posts

do some research at squaremouth (yeah, weird name) and insuremytrip.

As noted, there are LOTS of different types of insurance. You have to decide which kind(s) you want and need, after researching your own existing insurance as well. You can also get just medevac (e.g., Medjet) which I had for my last trip and luckily didn't need.