Please sign in to post.

Itinerary Help

Hi,
We are driving from Korcula to Mostar, spending the night and then going to Dubrovnik. I'd like to do some or all of the following. Is it doable ? Would you recommend anything else?

Leave Korcula via ferry 8:10 am or 9:40 am to Orebic drive down peninsula via Ston, continue on to Mostar (this seems about the same as taking a second ferry?), arrive in Mostar, have lunch.

I'd like to see the Old Bridge, Franciscan Church, Bulevar, Coppersmith Street, Koski Mosque, Karadoz Bey, Museum of Bosnia & Herzegovina. We are considering a guide.

Additionally, I'd like to see the Tekija Dervish Monastery, Pocitelj and Kravica Falls. Should we do this on the way to Dubrovnik?

Thank you!

Posted by
363 posts

I would not drive all the way to Mostar for one night, you will see nothing but the inside of your car. Please at least stay two nights or skip it. Mostar is wonderful, there is no good reason to rush it. J

Posted by
23 posts

We did the trip in June. We drove from Korcula to Mostar via the ferry and the bridge, It took about 2.5 hours and was quite easy. We arrived, checked in to our room and then met our guide Alma, who we spent a few hours with touring the Old Town. We got to see everything we were interested in and had time to relax watching the jumpers on the bridge (well, no one actually jumped, but it was fun anyway) from the river and a nice dinner. I thought one night was the right amount of time. The next day we departed after breakfast, stopping to see the Monastery on our way.