Please sign in to post.
Posted by
6291 posts

We find his phrase books very helpful, especially the "menu decoder" sections. The paperback is quite small, fits into most pockets. Although, some of the books have come in two different formats, one larger than the other, although the contents were identical. If you opt for the paperback, check the specs.

Posted by
1662 posts

Yes, Thanks Jane.

I may get the book and/or Kindle version. It would be fun to read on the plane or waiting during a layover.

As you posted about the measurements, seems it would be okay to fit into my bag I carry around Italy. I have a basic command of a lot of everyday phrases or sentences. Still, it is nice to have a refresher or learn some new words or phrases I did not know.

Posted by
6291 posts

Girasole, I've found the dictionary portion surprisingly comprehensive. Mine fits into the back pocket of my cross-body bag, and I refer to it often.

Posted by
3961 posts

I have found the phrase sections in the RS Guidebooks very helpful. I also enjoy decoding the menu's. On our current trip I pulled out several pages on the 4 countries we are visiting & put them in a RS mini binder. I've been amazed at the positive responses I have received in Budapest so far. Just yesterday the guide at the Parliament was so surprised when I said Köszönöm. She was beaming!

Posted by
1662 posts

Girasole, I've found the dictionary portion surprisingly comprehensive. Mine fits into the back pocket of my cross-body bag, and I refer to it often.

Thanks Jane for the update. I will order it when it is released. I look forward to having fun learning from it.