Please sign in to post.

Looking for a "Visit California" 2006 travel guide

Hey! My family took a trip to California back in 2006. It was one of the happiest moments of my childhood. Before the trip, I spent hours going over the travel guide the agency sent us.

Anyone have a old copy or know where I can view a PDF online?

I contacted the company but they only had guides back to 2012.

Thanks!

Posted by
4 posts

I haven't :( but I doubt any would have them where I live (Tennessee)

Posted by
2354 posts

You might try searching Goodwill Books, Abe Books, or EBay. Try contacting the State Library of California they may have archived a copy or have suggestion where to look. Your local library may be able to suggest a research route, even if they don't have a copy themselves. There could also be a Reddit sub or Facebook group catered to CA travel or historic documents (I follow several for my home state). Good luck!

Posted by
15820 posts

2006 was a long time ago, and some things may have changed since that trip. You might head to your library and check out some more recent guidebooks? Are there specific things from that trip that you remember and would like to see or do again?

Posted by
4 posts
  1. I've been looking at used book sites

2. No, it wasn't AAA. I'm actual not sure what agency it was but I think it was "Visit California" the state's official travel group

3. I'm not trying to go on a trip now, just want to view it for nostalgia. I know the first page was a duel page ad for Disney's 50th anniversay in 2005

Posted by
23281 posts

I would start with the state library. This is the kind of thing a state library would keep and perhaps index. Kind of a long shot since it would be primarily an advertising piece.

Posted by
11 posts

What area of California did you visit? I live in Southern California near Laguna Beach and a lot has changed in the last 18 years, but major sites are still the same. The Los Angeles area is changing. I'd try looking up places you remember visiting online. Amazon somtimes has third party sellers who might have the travel guide you are looking for. California has its share of problems, but having grown up here I can say it's a beautiful place to call home. When I got home this afternoon I could feel the ocean air (I'm 5 miles from the beach), the sun was shining and it was a lovely 70 degrees outside. Good luck finding what you're looking for!