For me, domestic is within the United States. Obviously travel right now is a no; I've already cancelled my March and April plans.
I had previously made plans and reservations to do an Amtrak / rental car trip to the southwest national parks involving a mixture of camping and hotels, leaving at the very end of May, going through the first two weeks of June. I'm lucky in that the vast majority of it looks to be refundable, and I could go on and cancel it.
I'm realistic and know that things are unpredictable and crucial right now, and will take time (maybe a lot of it) to stabilize. At the same time, I hate to cancel if it turns out that it could be safe for myself and others. I'm realizing through this process that I get joy out of having a trip to look forward to, and it feels a bit bleak to take yet another thing away (even though it may be realistic).
So my question is - what are your personal "deadlines" for making some of these domestic travel decisions? Anyone else sympathize with the "wait and see" mindset? Or does it seem like the right call to just go on and cancel those plans? I was joking that if I did, I'd use the money to do some home DIY since I'm spending a lot more time "chez moi" than normal!