Please sign in to post.

Thailand for January/February 2017

I live in Paris with my husband. We want to escape some of the winter of 2017 and would like to rent a house in Thailand big enough that we can have guests stay a week or so of our intended 2 month stay. So several bedrooms.
Chiang Mai or beach areas like Ao Nang are very appealing. We don't want to stay in Bangkok. We are in our mid 60's but young at heart and in great shape for hiking, climbing etc. Any suggestions or ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Posted by
4637 posts

After an organized trip with Gate 1 we stayed on our own at the beach resort Huahin not too far from Bangkok and liked it a lot. It's about 4 hours by train south of Bangkok. There is a faster bus connection between Bangkok airport and Huahin. I think there is a lot of rental properties there. You can read more about Huahin here: http://www.thailand-huahin.com

Posted by
6113 posts

Hua Hin is in the news for all the wrong reasons today - bombs going off there. It can happen anywhere.

The east and south east coasts are likely to be the wettest places at this time of year, so you are best looking in areas other than these.

Posted by
3250 posts

Not sure about renting an entire house but we've stayed twice at Sakorn Residence and Hotel in Chiang Mai. They have one and two bedroom apartments as well as traditional hotel rooms. It's located a little out of the city center but we really like the location. Two months in Chiang Mai sounds great!