Please sign in to post.

Thailand

Looking airline advice on traveling from Vancouver bc to Thailand best airlines

Posted by
4756 posts

I'm a bit partial to Air Canada/ Cathay Pacific myself. Also, their flights look a bit shorter than the ones connecting in Shanghai.. No direct flights to Bangkok that I can see.

Posted by
7277 posts

My one experience, back in 1997, was on Thai Airways. Even basic coach class was supremely luxurious. Don’t recall prices from back then, and had to connect through Los Angeles from Denver. The plane stopped in Seoul, South Korea for refueling en route to Bangkok, and we all had to deplane and get a security screening in South Korea before the plane took off again. Things have probably changed in many ways since then, but see if there’s a way to take them.

Posted by
811 posts

a lot of them connect via taipei, seoul, or HK, take a look at some chinese/korean/taiwan airlines.

Posted by
5239 posts

My one experience, back on 1997, was on Thai Airways. Even basic coach class was supremely luxurious

I don't know what happened since then because my economy flight with them in 2001 was not what I would describe as luxurious, it was on a par with pretty much every other national carrier with the exception of the likes of Emirates, Qatar and Etihad and can best be described as tolerable although they did present my wife and I with a cake as we were on our honeymoon.

Posted by
7277 posts

Things seem to have changed all over. Back in 2001, British Airways brought all of us, even in Steerage, fresh, warm, damp towelettes to freshen up at the beginning of the Transatlantic flight, and provided everyone a packet with basic eyeshades, a toothbrush/toothpaste, and bootie socks, to presumably make the long flight more comfortable. A basket of snacks was up at the front of the section, if people fancied a snack at any time. There was one movie, showing on a single screen. They handed out menu cards before the in-flight meal, more like a restaurant in the sky, and less like a fast-food joint that happened to be at 30,000 feet and going 600 miles per hour. Actually at that speed, anything really is fast food, but I digress . . . anyway, you now have to be in business class to get that kind of treatment from BA. Maybe Thai Airways cut some amenities to keep prices down and profits up.

Posted by
6113 posts

I wouldn’t want to connect in Hong Kong at present, so I am not flying Cathay when I head to this region in February.

Posted by
3 posts

Yes we just booked with Eva air to avoid Hong king good advice
We are there 3 weeks any must see highlights we shouldn’t miss