Please sign in to post.

Sri Lanka

Hi heading to SRi Lanka in October any tips on drivers etc or organised tours? We are looking at about 8-10 days. Thanks

Posted by
6113 posts

That’s the wet season, so you maybe limited where you can go. I am heading there in February for 3.5 weeks and as I want to see some wildlife and culture, I am using Walk with Jith to organise the trip. I know people that have been very happy with his services.

Posted by
6 posts

Hi Lisa, in October you can experience hot and wet both weather. I have no idea what's your most favorite. But if you are planning to cover whole country with in 8-10 days its not much possible. Since you are looking for tour organised company let me know your budget. i will PM you few good companies in Sri Lanka. Also its better if you can go to safari in yala, beach side like weligama, Sigiriya, Nuwara Eliya. 2 days in each location. But still its not enough time to cover all the beautiful places. Let me know if you need any kind of help.

Welcome to Sri Lanka :)

Posted by
122 posts

hi LISA my daughter and her friend were in Sri Lanka this summer and enjoyed it. Very reasonable prices for rooms/food/ transport. They did NOT go on a tour. They often found a driver for the day at a reasonable cost when the bus/ train schedule wasn't a good choice.if interested I can send you a few places they liked ( and some they didnt!)