Please sign in to post.

Singapore Airlines

Hello all,
I just flew Singapore Airlines from San Francisco to Singapore (17 hr flight) and then Silk Air ( also part of Singapore airlines) from Singapore to Manado round-trip. I was in coach.
I was with a group of 21 divers. We all commented what a great airline this is! They truly know the meaning of customer service. Examples I witnessed; they asked how my meal was, they were very visible always walking up and down the aisle, they smiled a lot, they cleaned the bathroom mid-flight, one FA spent time talking with an elderly passenger.

I and the rest of my group would not hesitate to fly with them again.

I just heard they now are flying Seattle direct to Singapore as well.

Posted by
2427 posts

We flew Singapore Airlines round trip in April from SFO to Siem Reap (coach). We were less than impressed with this airline. The inflight meal was the worst I have ever had. I was surprised at our experience with this airline because of its high rating.

Posted by
8124 posts

I was waiting in the Atlanta airport international concourse one morning after a Singapore Airline 747 flight landed. After the passengers got off, all of the flight attendants exited the plane in their snazzy uniforms towing their carry on bags behind them and were walking down to the underground transport.
I honestly have never seen so many pretty ladies that looked so much alike, and they were a really prissy bunch. Flight attendants from Atlanta's Delta Airlines no longer have that kind of spunk in them.

Posted by
7263 posts

The Gardens at the Bay give a 10% discount to Singapore Air customers. Since the two big greenhouses are $30, that's worth bringing your boarding passes for.

We flew Silk Air, their commuter arm from Siem Riep to Singapore. It was 100% full, but perfectly comfortable, and reasonable checked baggage allowances and service. Their newer nonstop to EWR/JFK is just priced too high for us, so we flew greatly inferior United with a long change in San Francisco.

Posted by
6113 posts

They are consistently voted in the top 3 global airlines year after year. I have had great service whenever I have used them.

Posted by
703 posts

in less than 2 weeks time we fly with them again to europe .( 20+ hours of flying- each way) last year we had good flights with them, their a380 planes are so smooth. our only 'niggle' is the seats in premium economy are very firm, also you share the toilets with normal economy ( we have flown with another carrier where this is not the case) otherwise good service.

Posted by
6788 posts

Singapore Airlines is great. If you can manage to fly in business class (or first) they are awesome. Agree, they definitely do a great job with customer service. Their flight attendants are iconic and a very prestigious job in Singapore. I've been on that flight between SFO and SIN - it's a certainly a very long haul but if you have to be on somebody's plane, Singapore Airlines is a good choice. And Singapore's Changi Airport is one of my very favorite airports in the world.

Yeah, it's great that Singapore now flys to Seattle. In the past few/next few months, we have/will be getting new nonstop flights to Asia from Singapore Airlines, Japan Airlines, and Cathay Pacific - all really great airlines (in addition to existing service from a half dozen carriers). I hear rumors that Thai Airways is flirting with adding a BKK-SEA flight too, which would be awesome.

Manado, eh? I have fond memories on my first dive trip to Sulawesi and the Bunaken area. I'd say "have fun" but I know you will - some of the best diving in the world around there. We stayed at Santika, north of town, and just opposite the islands in Bunaken National Park. Lovely place!

Posted by
2527 posts

We’ve experienced flights on other ***** rated airlines per Skytrax. The quality differences with the highest rated carriers versus others is stark. On task professional friendly staff with great grooming and happy to be employed in the industry help make brutal flights tolerable. And, they keep the crappers clean throughout the flights.

Posted by
3992 posts

Singapore is considered to be one of the BEST airlines in the world. Glad it worked out for you.

Posted by
97 posts

I don't know, I flew Singapore economy class and felt that (aside from the size of my actual seat, leg room, etc), SIA was better than even Lufthansa business class. It sounds crazy, but that's just how I feel. The food was amazing, attention to detail was remarkable and every flight attendant was gracious and attentive. One even snuck up on me to fill up my water glass without me even asking! It's my airline of choice, but alas, I barely fly to Asia any longer.