Please sign in to post.

Returning to Mexico since 2007

I just arrived at the Mexico City airport. I booked a b&b within walking distance from the airport. I speak Spanish however I needed a little more assurance so I asked for help from a female car rental person. She went BEYOND her job description, we walked together to the b&b. Cars have the right away, so you have to be careful crossing streets.
Long story shortened, in a lively neighborhood I walked to a taco restaurant and had a humongous al pastor taco with beans, guacamole and everything. I'm writing this travel tip to my fellow travelers to remind them of the generous spirit of the Mexican people.

Posted by
1371 posts

My son and I had a great time visiting Mexico City two years ago. Easy to get there from the U.S., a lot of history, safe and fun!

Posted by
5264 posts

Cars have the right away, so you have to be careful crossing streets.

Cars don't have the right of way in Mexico, the drivers just think they do.

Posted by
6510 posts

Thanks for posting this heart-warming story. Mexicans are indeed friendly and welcoming, and most of the country is safe for travel. Your ability to speak Spanish will make your trip even more enjoyable. I agree with JC, cars don't have the right of way, the drivers just think so. Pedestrians should stick to marked intersections, crosswalks, etc.

Posted by
421 posts

Have so enjoyed all my trips to Mexico. Lived in Guadalajara for three months during my college study abroad program. Had two awesome sea kayaking trips in Baja on the Sea of Cortez. Went to Yucatan as part of a cruise. Had a great Puerto Vallarta trip, with another one coming up in 2024. Loved Zihuantanejo. I have only done Mexico City as a weekend trip from Guadalajara, so have not spent as much time there--and it was ages ago (1987). Really want to see Oaxaca next.