Thanks, I do have a National Park Pass, so that's good to know.
So upon more research I found the following ways to see Lake Powell. Wondering if anyone has any experience with any of the following.
Ways to see Lake Powell
1) Boat Tour – ‘Lake Powell Resorts and Marinas’ When you google this is what come up (first 5 things listed). Pre pandemic they had 1.5 hour ($50) and 3 hour ($78) daily through October but now only seem to have one day a week
Boat Tour ‘Antelope Canyon Boat Tours’ – Website just says “unavailable”, I think this company is Navaho
Another company Ceetiz, does seem to have 1.5h ($52) boat tours, daily through September 2021. They also leave from Wahweap Marina. They seem to be an international company that has tours to places like New York City, Lisbon, Vienna, Niagra Falls – so obviously not ‘local’. Only reviews I can find are in French but they are very good.
2) Rent your own kayak, canoe, power boat, etc.
3) See it from land at Wahweap Overlook, Rt 89 (free) – or Lakeshore Drive or the Wahweap Marina (pay $30 unless you have a national parks pass). View look to be “OK” but not amazing as they are from the water.
4) Go to Alstrom Point. Amazing View! But its 32 miles from Page, 25 of these miles on a dirt road, the last two you either need a 4x4 high clearance vehicle and an experienced off road driver – or you can hike the last two miles (4 mile RT).
If you don’t have those you can go with a tour – about $150 per person for a 4.5 hour tour (includes driver and vehicle from Page, can book on-line, through September).
5) Airplane - American Aviation Page/Lake Powell (https://americanaviationwest.com/) $175 for 45 min tour, private, all window seats
Airplane - Ceetiz.com $120 for half hour tour, 17 seats, 14 of which have their own window
6) Helicopter tours - Lake Powell and Alstrom Point Helicopter Adventure $249 per person, 20 minutes
I'd really like to hear if anyone has gone to Alstrom Point, or has gone on an airplane tour, or who has used (or even heard of) Ceetiz.com