Please sign in to post.

O Canada!

Sending friendly greetings to all our neighbors to the North on your national holiday. You have much to celebrate in your beautiful country.

Posted by
2047 posts

Alaska Airlines having a special 25% of flights to Canada. Book now, fly in September or October. Airline site has details.

Posted by
2288 posts

"So good wishes to our colonial chums."

Many cities across the country are NOT celebrating Canada Day, in it's previous state, because it's now viewed as a colonial holiday and not an inclusive holiday - so keep those flags furled.

Posted by
649 posts

Thank you all for your good wishes. So glad for being good neighbours.
Same to you and July 4th.

Posted by
5256 posts

because it's now viewed as a colonial holiday and not an inclusive holiday

What's the difference?

Posted by
2288 posts

I'm not making any point, just providing a link to what's happening this July 1st, in Oh, Canada !

Posted by
164 posts

@Nick, it was Dominion Day until 1982, since 1983 the holiday has been called Canada Day.

Our flag is out, as our PM said today “Canada has never been perfect”.

I am grateful and lucky to live here. My parents were refugees from Ukraine after WWII, and if it wasn’t for their courage in leaving their home, making a very difficult trek across Europe, spending time in a DP camp in Germany and coming to Canada with 2 small suitcases, I wouldn’t be writing this today.

Posted by
6788 posts

Best damn neighbor one could ever dream of having. Canada, thanks for being Canada.

The True North strong and free. We stand on guard for thee, too.

With much love and respect, signed...Your Annoying Neighbor (who could sure stand to learn a thing or two from your good examples, imperfect as we all may be).

Posted by
3099 posts

No country is perfect, how could it be.
However, we can still celebrate our countries on their national days.
Thanks for the good wishes!
Happy Canada Day.

Posted by
4077 posts

Thank you Lola. Every day is a good day to celebrate Canada.

Posted by
763 posts

What everybody else has already said. Happy Canada Day to all our wonderful neighbors to the north. I can't wait for our next vacation there -- British Columbia next year!

Posted by
3211 posts

Since we lived 5 years in British Columbia during my formative elementary school years, I actually know O Canada, National Anthem better than the USA one. Shhh, don’t tell.

Posted by
1840 posts

A beaver tail in every pot, your stick on the ice, and a canoe paddle in your hand. I married one.

Posted by
1543 posts

Well a bit of rain here, but we still managed to get out on my sister's lake.

Happy Canada Day!

Posted by
6289 posts

Happy Canada day to all our Canadian Forum friends.

Posted by
1548 posts

"so keep those flags furled." My neighbours and me flew our flags. We flew them high and the right way up. Jesus.

Posted by
32198 posts

There seemed to be lots of Canada Day celebrations across the county, including in Ottawa and here in the Okanagan. People are so pleased to be able to celebrate again, after being locked down for the last two years.

Unfortunately there wasn't any money for fireworks here this year..... better luck next year.