I will be visiting with my husband, brother in law and sister in law from Oct 11-15 and would appreciate feedback on the itinerary I have planned so far. It is ambitious but tentative. Aside from things that we have to reserve in advance, if we are enjoying something or are too tired then I am going to go with the flow. I also want to leave room for shows that haven’t been announced yet and Halloween related things to do that might come up later.
I was there for the first time last year so have a decent sense of what’s where and how far apart places are from each other. The rest of the group are first timers.
Wed Oct 11: arrival day
- Plane lands at 4:30, cab to Hotel Provincial for ? 5:30 (planning to do carry on)
- Cocktail at Molly’s, Napolean House, Lafitte’s or Pat O’Brien’s
- Wander French Market, Jackson Square, St Louis
- dinner at Muriel’s at 2000
- show: jazz/burlesque or carriage ride
Thurs Oct 12:
- Brunch at Court of Two Sisters at 9:00
- Wander FQ, Royal Street
- Cab to Magazine and Canal to meet for Creole Orleans ebike tour with Buzz Nola at 1:45 – 4:45
- Late lunch at Killer Po Boys or Napolean’s or café Maspero
- Chill at hotel pool or visit French Market
- Dinner at Coops, Café Sbisa, Port of Call or Marigny Brasserie
- Possibly see the Van Ella Bordella at Allways at 8:00
- Frenchman street (Three Muses, Spotted Cat, Le Maison)
Fri Oct 13:
- Hubby to pick up rental car at Canal and Rampart and then meet group for quick breakfast at Croissant D’Or
- Drive to Whitney plantation for noon, tour until 2:00
- Lunch at B & C Seafood
- Drive to Slidell for 5:00 swamp tour
- Dinner at Port of Call or Dooky Chase
- Soul Rebels at Tipitina’s at 9:00 vs walking around the FQ/Frenchman seeing as it’s Friday the 13th a few weeks before Halloween
Sat Oct 14:
- Return rental car for 9:00
- Breakfast at Fleur de Lis
- St Charles streetcar to GD for self guided walk
- Ghost Manor, lunch at either Parasol’s, Turkey and the Wolf then shopping between Second and Felicity
- Magazine bus # 11 to Lafeyette square for blues fest (may have lunch here instead)
- Back to hotel to chill at pool
- Dinner at TBD
- Van Ella Bordella at 7:00 if not seen already vs haunted walk
Sun Oct 15:
I really wanted to visit the WW2 museum last time I was there but none of the others in our group are interested. Also, there is a second line starting at 1:00 that I would LOVE to see. Our flight leaves at 5 pm so thinking we should be in a cab to the airport by 2:30 at the latest.
If I do the WW2 museum, we would grab a quicker breakfast somewhere like French Toast and the others could go to the Sazerac House, Mardi Gras World, aquarium, Southern Food and Beverage Museum, or go shopping at Canal Place.
If I don’t do the museum, thinking we’d have brunch at Elizabeth’s, visit Dr Bob’s and/or Studio Be before the second line.
Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts on what is likely to work and what isn’t.