Please sign in to post.

New Zealand

Any recommendations for Tour companies in New Zealand?

Posted by
13 posts

Kia ora! (Hello) 👋 I’m a Rick Steves guide in Scotland and live in New Zealand. I run my own tours here, called mondumo tours, which are in the same style and philosophy as Rick’s tours. Small groups, meaningful experiences, connecting with the local culture. My website is www.mondumo.com

Our main New Zealand tour is 14 days, North and South Islands. Tours in Feb and March 2024 are more or less sold out but bookings for Oct/Nov 2024 will open soon. We’re also starting tours in Australia from Oct 2024.

I know there are some people who have been on my NZ tours who follow this forum. Perhaps they’d like to add a comment about their tour experience if they see this 🙃🙏

Feel free to email me for any other info colin@mondumo.com

Posted by
863 posts

We are in the process of planning a trip to New Zealand and considering the following tour companies:

Note that the prices are in Australian dollars and you will need to convert to USD.

As Australians we are on the fence about whether to do a guided tour or self-drive option. The main thing putting us off self-drive is the number of people currently doing this and our uncertainty over accommodation availability. We are looking to travel in September/October 2023.

Posted by
85 posts

We will be going on the Moatrek 21--day small group tour in February/March 2024.

Our trip was booked in October 2022. Great tours fill early.

Our communication with Moatrek has been fantastic. The reviews are great.

Recommended by friends who did a lot of research before going on this tour.

Enjoy.

Posted by
2715 posts

I took Colin’s (Mondumo’s) New Zealand tour in 2019 and loved it. Colin is a wonderful tour guide, and I’m not just saying it because he posted on this thread. I’ve recommended him many times on this forum.

Posted by
863 posts

We will be going on the Moatrek 21--day small group tour in February/March 2024.
Our trip was booked in October 2022. Great tours fill early.

Thanks for suggesting this company. We have just looked and they have availability on tours in September/October this year which is when we are looking to travel. We are looking at just doing a South Island tour as we aren't great bus travelers and 21 days would be too long for us.