I’m doing a trip to Morocco. I would like to fly into Marrakech and out of Fez. If it needs to be switched, that’s completely ok.
I refuse to rent a car. I prefer to hire a guide or go with a tour group.
If someone could recommend a guide or tour, I’d appreciate that!
- How easy is it to arrange guides/tours? Does it need to be booked prior to the trip or is it easily done last minute upon arrival? Do raids help arrange this? (I have yet to select accommodations).
Mostly, I’m just trying to understand the logistics, therefore helping me determine the duration the trip needs to be so I can make flight arrangements.
I would love to spend time in Marrakech, (day trip to) High Atlas Mountains, see Ait Benhaddou or Ouarzazate, overnight in the Desert (prefer camping out/would love that experience), and a little bit of time in Fez.
I’m very confused on where exactly you’re taken for the Desert? Is it the Sahara, Erg Chebbi, Merzouga, or Agafay Desert? How long does it take to get there?
- When your riding camels out there to camp, where is your luggage??
- Would it be better instead of doing a day trip of High Atlas Mountains to combine that with Ait Benhaddou or Ouarzazate and an overnight in the Desert? Do any tours do that? I don’t see the point in backtracking because of a day trip.
- Would I have to go back through Marrakech for Fez or can I go straight from the desert? Approximately how long does that take?
- Should I consider doing only one or the other, between Marrakech and Fes?
Day 1- Land in Marrakech
Day 2- Marrakech
Day 3- Marrakech
Day 4- Early departure from Marrakech for High Atlas Mountains -
Day 5- Drive to Desert -overnight-
Day 6- Depart Desert for Fes
Day 7- Fes
Day 9- Fes
???? I don’t know. Help please. Thanks!!