Please sign in to post.

Morocco

I want to visit Morocco in early February. What is the country like in the winter? Similar to Spain? Hospitable to tourists?

Posted by
27063 posts

Weather varies within Morocco, as it does within Spain, so check your potential destinations on wunderground.com so you'll know what to pack.

I have not crossed the Atlantic in the winter so can't give you any time-specific guidance. When I visited Morocco in late spring many decades ago, I found the people very friendly. French was very widely spoken and folks in the tourist industry often could handle English as well. We did have to deal with persistent young men who wanted to be our guide everywhere we went. It was annoying but not at all threatening.

Posted by
1506 posts

Great question! We also are planning to visit Morocco. Planning on about 23 nights probably arriving on 2/18. Have checked the weather for the towns we hope to visit and it looks like in 2017 the temps varied from mid 60s to mid 70s. Not sure if this is normal but it seems to be pretty good weather.

Posted by
16893 posts

When I was in Fez one March, I wore my "Seattle djellaba" (a.k.a. long Goretex raincoat) a lot, not a heavier coat. Many local homes were not heated, so people just wore extra layers, and perhaps even kept the windows open for fresh air. I think it would be a great season to visit the Sahara without getting roasted.