Please sign in to post.

Monet Exhibit at the Art Institute of Chicago through Jan 2021- Go Bears!

Can't make to France come to my beloved hometown Chicago to see 70 paintings by Monet

Posted by
11136 posts

Some of my family went to see it and told me how wonderful it is. I went to the Monet exhibit there in 1995.

Posted by
7811 posts

I worked at the Art Institute of and on throughout the 90's in the gift shop during one of those blockbuster Monet exhibitions

Posted by
149 posts

Thanks for posting this! However, my state is on the Chicago Quarantine list. So if I want to be honest and protect others, I’ll have to wait to see if Mayor Lightfoot removes Missouri.

No political comments, please. Just stating a fact that my family should not visit. Will wait to see if the list of states is updated between now and the end of the year!

Posted by
7811 posts

Yeah well Illinois had reported yesterday its highest number of new covid cases in 6 months

More than 30 years ago - my parents took me to a Monet exhibit at the Chicago Art Museum when I was a kid. It was outstanding! Even as an ignorant kid - I loved it. Still remember some of it. I highly recommend this for all who can get to Chicago to see this! Wish I could!