Please sign in to post.

jordan

Is it possible to rent a car in jordan, drive to israel, then return car in jordan?

Also, is Jaresh, in Jordan, worth a visit for a day or half day?

Posted by
248 posts

Maybe Chani will answer this? (it's still night her time), the OP might want to check back Thurs am US time.

Posted by
59 posts

I am not sure about renting a car because we didn't do that, but Jerash is definitely worth at least a half day in my opinion.

Posted by
15582 posts

It is not possible to take a rental car across the border.

I am told that Jerash is well-worth a visit. I'm on the waiting list for a short tour that goes there in January.

Posted by
21 posts

Chani - since it's not possible to cross the border of israel and Jordan with a rental car, is it possible to rent a car in tel aviv, drop off at the order at Jordan River/Sheikh Hussein Crossing, then rent a car on the jordan side to return to the Amman airport? If so, can you recommend rental car agencies in Israel and Jordan that support those logistics? Or, do you recommend i use taxis? or?

Posted by
487 posts

FYI - the TripAdvisor forums for Israel and Jordan are both very active and get questions similar to this all the time. You might have better luck there as there are more contributors for that area.

Posted by
15582 posts

Where are you thinking of going in Israel? For how long? Are you flying R/T Amman?

It looks like the nearest place to rent a car in Israel is in Tiberias which is about 45 km from the border crossing.