Planning a nine-day loop road trip from San Francisco, CA to the Portland, Oregon area, and back to San Francisco in June.
- We arrive in SF approx. 6 pm on Day 1 and fly home the evening of Day 9
- Plan to spend Day 2 at Redwood National Forest Park
- Tentatively planning to be in Portland Day 4 and 5
- Are interested in trying unique types of lodging (tiny houses, yurts, camp cabins)
- Balancing between seeing great sights and not being overly ambitious
- Goal is to get as far north as Fort Stevens and Astoria
- Pipe dream: getting to Vancouver and San Juan Island
Would appreciate your advice:
- Which part of the coast is worth budgeting time for vs. driving Rt 5
- Recommendations for first-timer itinerary
We value great views, nature walks, and wildlife, unique and authentic local experiences, history.