Please sign in to post.

Is it too rainy to tour Hoi An and Hue in Vietnam right now - November 2023

I am in Vietnam right now and was hoping to visit Hue and Hoi An. The weather forecast is for a lot of rain, but I can't tell if it's intermittent or constant? Can anyone tell me if it's too rainy for tourists right now?

Thanks for any help or advice.

Posted by
15810 posts

If you're already in Vietnam, I'd think a local might be a better resource than anyone here.

Posted by
2344 posts

What do you mean "too rainy for tourists"? I've been to both places when it is raining and it was beautiful. It would be a shame to miss two beautiful cities just because there might be rain in a country that gets a lot of rain.

Check any reputable weather site for hourly forecasts, like this one https://www.wunderground.com/hourly/vn/h%E1%BB%99i-an/date/2023-11-08 But know that it is impossible to predict the weather much past a day or two.

Posted by
3 posts

Thank you CL, but I am just asking a question and there is no need to jump down my throat. I think it was clear from my question that intermittent rain would be workable, but I defy anyone to do much sightseeing in a heavy continuous downpour! Which is what it was like a month ago when parts of Danang and Hoi An were flooded!

Posted by
1653 posts

I don't know the answer to your question, but I would love to hear about your trip afterward, as I am going there in February.

Enjoy!

Posted by
4862 posts

One should probably expect a "lot if rain" if you visit during the rainy season. The closer you get to December, the less likely you might expect a continuous downpour. But you should still expect rain more often than not. Absent heavy monsoon rains, or thunder storms, and given warm temperatures, a light continuous rain shouldn't necessarily preclude sightseeing.

It's always a good idea to find a reliable weather forecasting site that provides more info than a single pictogram for the whole day. One that gives hourly forecasts is generally more helpful. And that was what the PP provided. No one jumped down anyone's throat.