Please sign in to post.

Egypt

Planning a trip Egypt - thinking of Nile Cruise to sleep on instead of back and forth hotels. Any suggestions of best tour guides?
Mid-March 2022. If you think best to do the back and forth hotel and then a short Nile that is fine too. My first trip to Egypt

Thank you

Posted by
1077 posts

Even though I mainly do Rick Steves tours he doesn't have one to Egypt, so I've been looking at the Egypt tours offered by "Friendly Planet", they seem to cover a lot and the prices are very reasonable. I took one of their tours to visit Downton Abby (Highclere castle) and it was a good tour, they don't throw in all the educational extras like cooking classes, etc. but the local guides they hired where fine. I would love to Cruise the NIle and see the Egyptian Museum in Cario!!

Posted by
11127 posts

We had a fabulous experience with Odysseys Unlimited in Egypt and Jordan (extension.)
The Nile cruises on all the tours I read about are only about three days. Odysseys Unlimited included a cruise on Lake Nasser too which was so fabulous as we pulled right up to the antiquities includes including Abu Simbel. Both cruises were worthwhile but we preferred the one on Lake Nasser to then on the Nile.
Our tour guide was an archeologist, Egyptologist, and provided so much to our group's experience in Egypt.I can't recommend them highly enough. We basically are independent travellers but wanted a guided tour in Egypt and were so glad we used one.

Posted by
1097 posts

There are a few recent trip reports on this site of people who have used a couple local travel guides, Djed and Go Luxor. We are planning a trip later this year and are probably going with Djed. There is a YouTube channel and related blog called "Going Awesome Places" who documented his Egypt trip you may want to check out.

Posted by
88 posts

Thank you all!! Great leads as to small private tour companies! Have been so helpful.

Best
diane