Please sign in to post.

Cartagena

Hi,
We will be going to Cartagena in November over Thanksgiving week. I have been trying to find a dinner music evening out and have not been able to find anything. Any suggestions? Looking for some traditional music and dance. Thanks in advance.

Posted by
7637 posts

We ported there about 9 years ago on a cruise and found a local company for a tour of the city that went to the top of the hill overlooking the city. There was a monastery there. Don't remember the name of the company, but just do an internet search for tours. If that doesn't work, check out Viator.

Posted by
9420 posts

geovagriffith, how does that answer Nancy’s question of finding “dinner music evening”? Just curious.

Posted by
288 posts

There are a lot of music and dance shows on the squares, so wherever you go you will see music and dancing for sure.
I recommend you go have a drink at Cafe del Mar, it is located on the old walls, overlooking the sea and the historical center, there is also live music there. It's lovely

Posted by
54 posts

There are many squares with outdoor seating at the restaurants that I would suggest to try and catch some dinner and music at. Loved Cartagena, was there for 5 days this winter and would love to go back. Check out the Gesthetami (sp?) area too. Great restaurants in that neighbourhood too.