Please sign in to post.

Buenos Aires

Has anyone heard of what BA is like since they opened back up to vaccinated foreigners? Still a lot restrictions in place or whatnot? I’m going in April. Appreciate any insight!

Posted by
6525 posts

Here’s an article from the Buenos Aires Times from a couple days ago.

I’m sure by April a lot will change. Consider following the news from there by reading a local newspaper.

Posted by
77 posts

Thanks for the response! Considering BA is currently going through their “omicron surge” and haven’t added restrictions, I think I’ll be in clear. Knock on wood and fingers crossed for April.

Posted by
6525 posts

There are a number of articles in today’s paper. Most notably, there were 139,853 cases reported in the past 24 hours. You may want to consult the paper every few day to keep up on the situation, since the country is still in the middle of the surge. One article said “… We still don't know when the curve of infections caused by the Omicron variant will go down," Vizzotti revealed, though she said that the hope was that "in March there will be more calm" regarding the exponential increase in cases of the new variant.“

Posted by
77 posts

My trip is mid April so fingers crossed that will be true.

Posted by
1 posts

I'm an American student studying abroad in Buenos Aires right now, and the city is completely open! You'll still have to wear your mask inside (although that could change by April) and some shops limit the number of customers, but other than that your travels shouldn't be hindered by covid at all!