Please sign in to post.

Bali

I am flying from LAX to Bali this summer with my daughter. Could you please suggest reliable airlines?

Posted by
4519 posts

This is an expensive and time consuming journey, so if you just want sun and sand pick somewhere else.

All the flights go via the Far East, Singapore, Taiwan, Manila, etc, and all those airlines are good.

Posted by
355 posts

Singapore airlines. Aways ranks in top airlines. Changi best airport in the world, great lounges, one of my favourite airports anywhere.

Cathay Pacific. At Hong Kong has wonderful lounges for bus and first class.

Philippine Airlines.

Indonesia's own Garuda.

If they were not reliable, they would have failed by now.

My family and I regularly take a week or so at a villa. Grandchildren take their first flight to Denpasar. Qantas or Jetsar.

Regards Ron

Posted by
6788 posts

Kind of an unusual question. What exactly is the concern about "reliability"?

Tassie Devil's list above is fine:

• Cathay Pacific. At Hong Kong has wonderful lounges for bus and first class That's true, they do have lovely lounges in HK, and their business class and first class has been spectacular. A once wonderful airline that seems to have fallen quickly and far as Beijing has increasingly asserted its control over businesses based in Hong Kong. I wish them (Cathay Pacific) well, but their best days sure look to be behind them.
  • Philippine Airlines Quite a bit less spectacular, but they would get you there (an odd choice from the USA though).
  • Indonesia's own Garuda Garuda has had its share of challenges.

If they were not reliable, they would have failed by now.

Actually, Indonesia's airlines have soldiered on through plenty of problems ("reliability" being one of their lesser concerns)...the country actually has one of the world's worst safety records for air travel, but they operate in very challenging conditions - it's one of just a few countries in the world where I actually do worry a bit before getting on a plane...but then I still do.

If the OP can make it work, Singapore Airlines rarely disappoints, and has a stellar reputation that appears to be entirely justified (they've always taken great care of me). They're never a bad choice (and yes, many people's favorite airport in the world - Changi - as your connection point).

It is indeed a long (and costly) flight from the USA if you just want a beach (of course, Bali offers a lot more than that).