Please sign in to post.

Morocco

Hi - We are trying to plan a trip to Morocco and wondered if you have anyone on staff who has travelled in Morocco and could help us with planning?

Thanks,

Paul

Posted by
531 posts

Hi Paul....I'm not on staff but I have been to Morocco in the last two years for 11 days.....what kind of help are you looking for?

Posted by
3 posts

Paul,
Last spring I visited my daughter who was in Madrid for the semester. Among the trips we took outside of Spain, we spent two nights in Tangier with Aziz Begdor, a guide who was listed in the Rick Steves book. We also stayed at his guest house, a recommended hotel from Rick Steves book. It could not have been a better experience. From pick up at the ferry to drop off at the airport, he treated us more like old friends or relatives. It was the highlight of our 3 weeks of traveling around Europe. I do not have the book any more to look up his contact info, but go out and buy the book and look for Aziz's contact info. I will look for his email also. I will tell you more about our visit there if you want.
Bev

Posted by
44 posts

Hello Chris and whomever else ... perhaps you have some opinions on my travel this summer.

I plan to stay in Fez for one or two nights. However, I am not sure if I should fly into Rabat or Marrakesh for one night before I leave to Fez. From Rabat I plan to take the train but I remember reading I could rent a car in Marrakesh and drive to Fez. Not sure what to do.

Posted by
9110 posts

You can rent a car about anywhere you'd expect and drive everywhere without a problem. Neither Casablanca no Rabat have never been much of a bell-ringer for me.

Posted by
4025 posts

It's worth adding that these forums are full of volunteer opinions; they are not the official outlet for Steves' travel services.

Posted by
1357 posts

We took an inexpensive flight from Madrid to Marrakesh and spent two nights. Then we took the overnight train back to Tangier before crossing the straight via ferry. Great experience. Suggest if you're going back to Morocco go deeper than Tangier.

Posted by
8293 posts

Spend as little time as possible in Casablanca and as much time as you are able in Marrakesh and Fes. But if you are in Casablanca and want to eat, go to Rick's Cafe. Yes, yes, it is touristy (you are a tourist!) but it is so beautiful and the food is superb.