Please sign in to post.

Tieks??

Ok, I know this has been on here before but its been a year so just to throw out again what are opinions on Tieks???? Are they really good travel shoes for Europe? I have a pair of Merrells that are my tried true and tested travel shoes but I want another pair more dressy but packable. A comfortable flat to wear on the plane, to dinner, travel between destinations on the train and slip on to run out for coffee in the mornings. A good shoe for a couple of hours of walking. Tieks just look so fun with all the colors.

Posted by
48 posts

I was also considering taking a pair of Tieks with me on my trip to Europe over the holidays. Another poster recommended looking in to Sabrinas as an option because they have better soles. I don't have any experience with either brand, but I thought I would share that tip. :-)

Posted by
18 posts

I took a pair with me. They're comfortable enough for a couple of hours of walking if you don't require a lot of support, easy to pack and very pretty.

Posted by
224 posts

Thanks tth. I have an assortment of a dozen ballet flats, I like the idea and look but I rarely wear them, I have from designer to Target, if I had to describe how they make my feet feel, I'd say feet prison.

Posted by
2186 posts

You haven't mentioned your age, but I'll reveal mine. At 60+, I like my Tieks, but I take a pair of Cole Haan Air Bacaras for European travel. The reason I mentioned age is because the older I get, the less tolerant my feet become. There isn't quite enough sole or enough support for me to be comfortable with the Tieks. If I was younger, or traveled with a bigger suitcase ( more shoes), then the Tieks would be fine. I agree, I love all the color choices.

Posted by
18 posts

One other comment about Tieks - they're very durable. I have 2 pairs that I alternate wearing to work. I've had them for about 2 years and wear one pair or the other virtually every weekday. They still look great.

Posted by
64 posts

Tieks have been my go-to travel shoe for a while now and I absolutely love them. It's a little thing, but I love how easy they are to slip on and off when I'm going through security. I'll see people holding up the line while they fumble with clunky boots and laces, so I love being able to just slip my shoes off and on and be on my way. I've walked miles and miles and miles and miles (and miles) in mine and they're easily the most comfortable shoes I own. I wore them nonstop during a trip to Italy last year and my feet never felt achey or tired by the end of the day. They have such a classic design that they work with just about everything. Really easy to dress up and down - so if you're going out to a nice dinner or just stepping out to grab a coffee in the morning, Tieks are kind of perfect for whatever you're doing. The colors are fab too! Did you have any colors in mind yet?

Posted by
224 posts

All good info, I appreciate the comment on durability. I was wondering about that. Blaire, I also like to wear light easy on/off shoes at the airport so good to know. Our flight over will be three legs so I def want something comfortable. I ordered the burgundy, they'll go with everything I am planning to pack, well they might clash with my pink polka dot umbrella but hopefully I won't have to use that.

Posted by
1 posts

So what did you discover? Did they work out? Were they comfortable? I too am getting on in years, have very flat feet so wondering how they feel, if they have enough arch support, etc. Let me know what you found. Thanks

Posted by
224 posts

Here's what I found about Tieks...I love them! I wore them almost everyday on our 18 day trip and no blisters. I got another pair for Christmas. I have very high arches and even though they have no visible support I never had any issues. I do think they are hard to break in. They are designed to fit more like gloves for your feet. They also surprisingly were fine on cobblestone too, I was very skeptical. My tip would be cut your big toe nail short, because they fit snug like gloves so if your nail is longer it's going to have constant pressure on it and it's going to kill your feet. So, my experience was great, much better than I thought it would be. We're headed to Italy in October and I already plan on buying the bright pink! Good luck!

Posted by
70 posts

I tried them as a friend had raved about them. I didn't think they were comfortable at all and returned mine.

Posted by
224 posts

Honestly, I don't know. I feel like my feet are a little wide and they are sort of tight on my toe for a bit. You'd have to try it.

Posted by
25 posts

I've been trying to find the best shoes too. I thought about Tieks but they don't have much support. I bought a pair of Allegrias and wore them around the house but they hurt my feet so back to square one again. My feet are super wide too and I'm looking for some walking/travel shoes that don't look hideous but are comfortable.

Posted by
224 posts

I have extremely high arches and I haven't had a problem with support. My feet are a little wide and I've been fine with them. You can also talk to their customer service people. They are really helpful.

Posted by
4 posts

I looked into getting a pair of ballet flats (and looked at Tieks as well) but ended up getting Soft Star Sport Ballerines instead. They also have a huge number of customizable colors and trim options. I absolutely love them! They fit like a glove, even for me with my high arches and narrow mid-foot. They have super soft cushioning and great tread on the bottom. Plus the toe box is super wide and lets your feet spread out nicely!

Posted by
3 posts

Ties are super cute! Big plus... they fold up and you can put them in a pocket of your suitcase!

Posted by
2186 posts

So, since my post in Sept., I've worn my Tieks more often and this year they are going with me to Ireland/UK. They really seem to get better with age.