Please sign in to post.

shoes for italy 'grand tour' 2020

hello all,
i know the choice of shoes is very subjective and no two feet are alike. i have bee searching and wanted to ask if any of you have an opinion on kuru shoes. i have this one in mind: https://www.kurufootwear.com/kinetic-wide-mens-2.html?color=Smokestack-Black.
i have scoured this thread and consensus is hard to find. if you have any suggestions please let me know! thanks.

Posted by
8568 posts

Not a male nor do I work for Keen. However, if you want durability, style, and comfort look at the Keen Austin shoe.

As a woman who works as a film and tv location scout I am in all terrain. Urban, sandy, mud, mountainous, etc. I own and wear all 6 different pairs of Keens. Slip ons, lace ups, hiking and sandals. All worth every penny I spent on them!!!

Posted by
13808 posts

If those Kuru's fit your feet, feel good and allow you to walk 5 miles in them then I'd say go for them. They look fine for touring in my view.

I'm a woman and have never tried that brand - have settled on a brand that works for my awful feet for long days on cobblestones, lol!

Posted by
1335 posts

Sierra Trading Post offers some good boots (some are made in Europe). They don't have free shipping, however. You can get free return shipping if you pay by Paypal (remember to sign up for it).

Posted by
49 posts

I suffered from plantar faciitus for a while and Kurus saved me. I used them all over France. They are very supportive, but the down side is they are heavy. For our next trip I think I will go back to SAS. They are sturdy, feel like a running shoe when you are wearing them, but do not look that casual. They wear very well, too.

Posted by
321 posts

thank you sheila for the information! had never heard of sas before. i already purchased the kuru's but i'll keep the sas in mind next time i need shoes.