Please sign in to post.

Ecco shoes

I am traveling in May to Budapest, Vienna and Prague. I understand it is supposed to be pretty rainy and was wondering about Ecco brand booties for my walking shoes. Are they going to be comfortable enough as a primary walking shoe, or do I need to check out other brands? Allbirds won't work for me. Not enough arch support.

Posted by
72 posts

I wore my Ecco ‘babett’ style boots all around Budapest, Vienna and Amsterdam on our trip just prior to Covid. Some days we did 30,000 steps. They were excellent, great support and completely waterproof in snow and rain. I wish I could take them with me on my next trip, but they don’t go so well with summer clothes. I do have a pair of Allbirds and they are very comfortable for running errands, but I also doubt they have enough support for long walking days. I just recently bought a pair of Ecco 7 GTX sneakers so I’m going to try those.

Posted by
11247 posts

I just bought these waterproof ECCO boots from Nordstrom and love them but I did not have time to break them in before our current trip. I use an insert orthotic to improve support.

Posted by
104 posts

I have numerous Ecco shoes. I wore the Ecco Soft 7 Gore tex sneakers which have a rounded toe box (Unfortunately they only come in black and are UGLY) on our Village Italy tour. It rained heavily one day and they performed fantastically and were comfortable for the whole trip.

I wore another Gore tex Ecco boot for a trip to England and they caused my feet to pinch at the toes due to an almond shaped toe and a slight heel (walking made my feet go forward), those hurt after awhile and I wound up hating those shoes and did not wear them for the remainder of the trip.

Just make sure the toe box is not almond shaped and you should be fine.

Posted by
72 posts

Mine are zip up, relatively flat with a rounded toe. Not the most elegant but very comfortable