Please sign in to post.

Where to stay in Ghent

We will be in Ghent the first week of April 2023. It is our first time traveling to this area. Can anyone recommend a place to stay?

Posted by
6532 posts

We stayed at Hotel Harmony and enjoyed it. From the Gent Sint Pieter train station we took the number 1 tram to Gravensteen castle, we got off the train and walked a minute or so to the hotel. That was in 2018.

Posted by
1556 posts

I was just in Ghent last week and stayed at the Novotel hotel. Previously had stayed at the Marriott.

The Novotel was centrally located, rooms were fairly cheap (~120$/night) without b'fast. I was tiring of the daily hotel b'fasts so decided to go without it. There were 2-3 bakeries that were within a 2-3 min walk that opened at 7 AM so was able to easily pick stuff up. I decided to change trains and get off at the Gent-Daamport station and then walk about 15-20 minutes to the hotel.

Posted by
36 posts

We loved the Ghent River Hotel, with views straight onto the river (feels like Venice!) and only 7/8 mins walk from centre. Ask for De Luxe room facing river on 1st floor. Reasonable prices. Lovely riverside walk over cobbled bridge right near hotel.

Have fun! Ganda Rooms also looked good in our research, although slightly pricier.