Please sign in to post.

Where to Stay in Bruges?

I am going to visit Bruges for a week + in October 22, but will not have enough time for another wonderful RS Tour. Does anyone know which hotels RS Europe books for the Holland/Belgium tours when they stay in Bruges?

Or, if you are familiar with Bruges, can you suggest the best place to stay while I am visiting? I'd rather not rent a car and would like to find something that is near the center of everything.

Mark

Posted by
1427 posts

Try the “Duc de Bourgogne” Hotel which is in a central building dating from 1648 with a scenic view of two of Bruges’ most famous canals. It’s near Bruges’ old fish market, Tanner’s square and the Town Hall.
www.ducdebourgogne.be

Posted by
9420 posts

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza in the center and loved it. It was a RS recommended hotel at the time, might still be. We rented bikes for 48 hrs and rode all over town and out into the country to another town. We loved seeing all of Bruges and the area by bike.

Posted by
6537 posts

We stayed at B&B Huis Koning for three nights. Very nice hosts. It’s about a mile from the train station and a five minutes walk to the main town square.

I'd recommend Snuffel Hostel. It's within the city center area, and looks quite professional. For hotels, I'm not as knowledgeable I fear.

Posted by
7299 posts

I would want easy access to the train station (or its bus), but I get the idea you don't plan to daytrip.

Posted by
52 posts

I second the Crowne Plaza. It's right in the Historic Centre making most restaurants and attractions a short walking distance away.

Posted by
47 posts

Hi Mark,

We just visited Bruges for the first time in April 2022 and stayed at a wonderful B&B called The Townhouse. They only have 4 rooms but we absolutely loved the place and the owners are wonderful! Everything in Bruges is walking distance so you won’t need a car to see all of Bruges.