Travel questions relating to combining 2 tours:
1. Heart of Belgium & Holland begins: Sept 11, 2019 in Ghent & ends Sept 21, 2019 in Amsterdam
#2. Best of Switzerland begins: Sept 23, 2019 begins in Luzern & ends Oct 4, 2019 in Bern.
We are planning to fly multi-city from Salt Lake City to Brussels and return from Amsterdam to Salt Lake City.
- Would it make more sense to travel from Amsterdam at the end of the Belgium trip to Zurich and from Zurich back to Amsterdam on a round trip flight or use the train?
- Flying back to Salt Lake City from Zurich is more expensive and requires more stops/changes.
- If we use a train, what web site would be the best to use?
- Any experience using Swiss Air?
- For Belgium trip: train transportation from Brussels to Ghent looks very doable. I did not see any advantage to buying tickets ahead. Is this correct?
- For Switzerland trip: train transportation from Zurich to Luzern and from Bern to Zurich looks very doable. I did not see any advantage to buying tickets ahead. Is this correct?