Please sign in to post.

Train Reservation

Hello! I am taking a train from Brugge to Dortmund (Deutsche Bahn is the station) and I reserved my seats. I received a receipt for my purchase, but nothing that has a barcode or looks like a ticket. If I print the receipt will they just check that on the train or should I be looking for a ticket?

Posted by
7209 posts

If the only thing you purchased is a reservation - that's not good enough. You need an actual ticket.

Posted by
6 posts

I also have the Eurail Gloabal pass. Is that enough?
I am just worried because all of the other reservations I purchased for other trains came with a seat number and a barcode

Posted by
19092 posts

Was there a pdf attachment to the emailed receipt?

In August I purchased a Savings Fare ticket from Deutsche Bahn, and I received an email titled "Booking confirmation (Order Number)". Attached to it as a pdf file was the actual ticket.

Posted by
6 posts

Yes, There was a PDF but it does not include any tickets with barcodes. just a recipt of booking

Posted by
6 posts

I purchased the reservation from the Deutsche Bahn website. If I have the confimration of reservation and my Eurail Gloabl pass should I be alright?

Posted by
19092 posts

If you only purchased a seat reservation without a ticket, that and the rail pass should be sufficient, but the reservation should say what seat is reserved for you. It should have the train number and the words Sitzplatz (or [plural] Sitzplätze) Wg (abbrev for Wagen or coach) & #, Pl (abbrev for Platz or seat) & #.

Posted by
16893 posts

DB does not sell seat reservations online for Thalys trains. So you probably booked an optional reservation on an IC or ICE. Conductors are unlikely to check that, since the train doesn't require reservations. However, the same page that lists your seat assignment probably includes a 5- or 6-letter PNR to which conductors could refer, if they have to referee a seat dispute on a full train.

Posted by
8889 posts

For the first train (Brugge to Brussels), that is a Belgian internal train and doesn't have reservations.
"(Deutsche Bahn is the station)" - I think that is a typo. Deutsche Bahn (DB) is the German national railway company, which, as Laura says, only operates some of the trains from Brussels to Germany. The main station in Dortmund is called "Dortmund Hauptbahnhof" (abbreviated "Dortmund Hbf"). The main station in German cities is always called "Xxxx Hbf".

Posted by
14507 posts

With the Global Pass and your seat reservation, you're fine. Just locate the coach and the seat #, present both to the conductor. My guess is that s/he is much more interested in checking out that seat reservation you have.