Please sign in to post.

Hotels in Brussels

My two friends and I (women in our 60’s) are looking for a nice, centrally located hotel with a family-room that can comfortably accommodate us and our luggage. We’d like to walk, tour, shop and train (going to take day trips to Ghent and Brugge while we are there), so a central location is important. We have narrowed our search down to NH Collection Grand Sabon and The Agora Hotel. Does anyone have any experience with either hotel? Thank you!

Posted by
7731 posts

I have been to Brussels 3 times. I have not stayed at either of those hotels but I would at the Hotel Agora because the location is next to the Grand Place and you can easily walk to Brussels Central Station to catch trains on the daytrips you propose to do compared to the location of NH Collection Grand Sabon

Posted by
6783 posts

I stayed at the NH Grand Sablon a few years ago and found it stuffy (old carpet/wallpaper kind of decor). Perhaps the rooms have been renovated since.
But... If you want to take day trips to Gent and Brugge, I'd stay in Ghent rather than Brussels. Nicer city, and halfway between Brugge and Brussels so quick train rides to both. Antwerp should be on your cards too, if time allows.

Posted by
126 posts

We made our home base in Brussels to visit Ghent and Brugge, and stayed in Hotel Hubert - Grand Place.

Reason was the location to Gare Centrale and the action. I don't know if they have a suite that also has a family room, but worth checking out.

Between your two choices, I would pick The Agora Hotel based on location only.

Posted by
47 posts

I’m currently staying at the NH Collection Brussels Centre. Convenient location, quick walk to Grand Place and other locations. I’ve stayed at NH Collection hotels in various cities throughout Europe and have always been very happy with them.