Please sign in to post.

chocolate museum?

So I know there's Chocolate Nation in Antwerp, and Choco-Story in Bruges. We'll be in Bruges for a day, Antwerp for 2. Does anyone have any experience with either (or both!) of these 2 chocolate museums? I'm debating which one to visit on our trip this fall.

Thanks! :)

Posted by
3 posts

We did the Choco-Story museum in Bruges earlier this month. It's better than I expected and does a fine job telling the story and history of the chocolate-making process in a way that is interesting and interactive. It's a great place to visit if you have younger kids as it feels to me that it's geared to a younger audience (though not uninteresting from an adult perspective). Took us about 2 hours to go through it and we weren't dawdling. There's an ongoing chocolate demonstration happening at the end as well as an opportunity to eat a lot of free chocolate. We were in Bruges 2.5 days and we did this BECAUSE our kids were interested. Not sure I would've gravitated to it without our teenagers helping inform the sightseeing itinerary. Again, no regrets going but I would say if Bruges is a day trip, you'll find more rewarding experiences seeing other aspects of that city and going in and out of the chocolate shoppes than spending time here but if you have a couple days in the city and are remotely interested, I think you'll find it charming, fun, and informative.

Posted by
60 posts

We were at the Bruges Chocolate Museum and found it very interesting and entertaining ….

Posted by
10 posts

I second what Jesse said: if you're on a time crunch, skip the museum and do something else. My hubs and I did it because we spent about 5-6 days in Bruges, so had the time to visit this and the potato museum.