Please sign in to post.

Bruges, Belgium

Currently in Bruges and looking for ideas for a day trip from here. Any suggestions?

Posted by
3941 posts

We stayed in Ghent and daytripped to Bruges, so you could always do the opposite - some lovely churches (3 in a row!), nice walk along the river, Gravensteen castle...

Posted by
15807 posts

Ghent, absolutely. Very easy from Bruges, and a lot to see.
But don't miss the less-visited sections of Bruges either!

Posted by
7297 posts

Can you offer any wisdom to other visitors on how many days Bruges itself is worth? Luckily, daytripping is fast and easy in that part of Belgium.

Posted by
2487 posts

It is a personal thing, but when I went to Brugge as a day trip from Gent, I found one day more than enough, including a visit to the Groeningemuseum.

Posted by
9420 posts

We spent 3 nights in Brugge and wished we could have stayed longer. We rented bikes in town for our first afternoon and again the next morning for 24 hrs... we rode all over Brugge and out into the countryside to another lovely small town (Damme?). We spent one whole day in the historic city center of Brugge. Loved it. If I ever go back, I would visit Ghent as others suggest.

Posted by
15807 posts

4 nights in Bruges for us - with a day trip to Ghent - and could easily have stayed another day or so as we found a lot to see there. But if you aren't interested in art museums, churches, architecture and history, a couple of nights might do ya. Our fave rambles were away from the busy Markt, Burg and surrounds.