Please sign in to post.

Battle of the Bulge

We are looking for a tour guide/historian who has knowledge of the Battle of the Bulge- specific with the 106 Infantry.

Posted by
2123 posts

I don’t have a tour guide, but a suggestion that your visit to Battle of the Bulge sites includes a stop at the amazing WWII museum in Diekirch, Luxembourg. It is crammed full of wartime paraphenalia — actual tanks, uniforms, parachutes, weapons, trucks. Some are assembled in life-size dioramas.

Farmers in the area collected these materials from their fields after the war and initially saved it all in their barns. Then this museum was created and everything was aggregated and restored there. Perhaps most interesting are photos of servicemen who had fought in this area, along with letters they wrote about their experiences.

In nearby Ettelbruck you’ll find a George Patton museum.

Posted by
39 posts

We just took a full day private tour last week with Roby Clam (based on past RS Travel Forum posts). His overall Battle of the Bulge knowledge is incredible...........at times overwhelming (in a good way). It's worth asking him his specific knowledge about the 106th. He only communicates via e-mail.........from your initial inquiry e-mail to the final "I'll pick you up at 9:00am in front of your hotel" e-mail. He is cash only, paid at the end of the day. Here's his website.........http://www.bobguide.sitew.com/#General_informations.A

Posted by
4 posts

Thank you! I just shot him an email asking his knowledge of the 106th.