Please sign in to post.

200th year anniversary of the Battle of Waterloo

Hello. I realize the tickets for this event are sold out but I'm thinking that some travel agencies or someone somewhere have to have some tickets. Does anyone have any advise on where I look for two VIP tickets for this event?

Posted by
14507 posts

Hi Madeline,

I think getting any tickets to that event is now a lost cause. You might want to check with "The Napoleonic Society of North America" to see what sort of advice they would give. We'll hope the event gets posted on You Tube just as "Trooping of the Colour" is. Best way to see Waterloo and the surrounding area and villages (Wavre, Ligny, Plancenoit, etc,) connected with this monumental historical event is to go by car and track down the particular sites yourself allowing two days to do this. Luckily, I had a car then at my disposal but only eight hours until 19:00. I needed to have gone back the following day.

Posted by
14507 posts

Hi,

Devoting two days to seeing all that's connected with the Waterloo campaign, you can see Wellington's HQ, Napoleon's HQ at La Cateau, the fateful farmhous, which is pretty poignant considering the horrific battle result of the place. the Prussian monument, which in German historiography the battle of Waterloo is sometimes referred to as La Belle Alliance, plus the museums (of varying quality) in the town of Waterloo focusing on the events of the battle.